Thursday, May 24, 2012

Sherlock!!!!

Masterpiece Mystery's: Sherlock is my new obsession hand down. The show modernizes Sherlock Holmes stories like A Study in Scarlet (original) vs. A Study in Pink (the show's version). The first and second season contain six episodes altogether which are each at least an hour long. The second season just ended and I now am rewatching the first season. It's wonderful! 5 out of 5 stars for sure.
SHERLOCK!!!

WATSON!!!


Oh Watson! Bellow are some pictures of Moriarty, Sherlock's enemy:



And now for Sherlock's "archenemy," Microft (his brother)

Next comes one of the best characters yet: Irene Adler. The show made her a clever dominatrix with ties to Moriarty. She and Sherlock develop a crush on each other, allowing for some clever dialogue!




Just had to add this one in there!
Here are some great quotes from all the shows:


I'm Sherlock Holmes, the world's only consulting detective.
I'm not going to go into detail about how I do what I do because chances are you wouldn't understand. If you've got a problem that you want me to solve, then contact me. Interesting cases only please.
Sherlock Holmes: Mrs. Hudson, the landlady is giving me a special deal. She owes me a favor. A few years back her husband got himself sentenced to death in Florida. I was able to help out.
John Watson: You stopped her husband from being executed?
Sherlock Holmes: Oh, no. I ensured it.
The show pokes fun at Sherlock Holmes and John Watson's close relationship. This quotes sums it all up:
Sherlock Holmes: [John struggles to keep up with Sherlock as they flee handcuffed together] Take my hand [Grabs John's hand].
John Watson: Oh, people are definitely going to talk.


Sherlock Holmes: Sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side.
Irene Adler: Sentiment? What are you talking about?
Sherlock Holmes: You.
Irene Adler: Oh dear God. Look at the poor man. You don’t actually think I was interested in you? Why? Because you’re the great Sherlock Holmes, the clever detective in the funny hat?
Sherlock Holmes: No...[Takes her hand and leans in to whisper] because I took your pulse. Elevated. Your pupils dilated. I imagine John Watson thinks love’s a mystery to me, but the chemistry is incredibly simple and very destructive. When we first met, you told me that a disguise is always a self portrait, how true of you, the combination to your safe – your measurements. [Holds up her phone] But this, this is far more intimate. This is your heart, and you should never let it rule your head. [He starts entering digits] You could have chosen any random number and walked out of here today with everything you worked for. But you just couldn’t resist it, could you? I’ve always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof.
[She grabs his hand, desperate. Tears are starting to form]
Irene Adler: Everything I said. It’s not real. I was just playing the game.
Sherlock Holmes: I know. And this is just losing.
[He holds up her phone, having finally deduced her password. It reads I AM S-H-E-R LOCKED]



It's safe to say, I am definately Sherlocked as well:)


Moriarty: Every fairy tale needs a good old fashioned villain. You need me or you're nothing — because we're just alike, you and I. Except you're boring. You're on the side of the angels.

The culmination of events in Season 2 proved pretty intesne; it almost made me cry! This video makes me feel the way watching the last episode of Season 2 did and sums up Sherlock and Watson's frienship perfectly. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment